Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloweenie

Halloween is my fifteenth favorite holiday. It's a time of year when we piss away money on costumes we'll wear once and eat candy from tiny bags instead of normal sized bags. I'll admit I haven't been interested in decorating since the wind blew away our plastic jack-o-lantern four years ago. Living at the end of a cul-de-sac makes front yard decorations short-lived.

This is the first time in seventeen years I haven't gone trick or treating with a kiddo. Roo decided he wasn't interested in going out. Instead, we ordered pizza, played Jenga, Uno, and charades before watching hours of those ghost hunters shows. In Yamalamadingdong, trick or treating was rescheduled for the weekend because of a storm, so we'll have a second Halloween tomorrow. However, I doubt the pizza will last that long with teenagers in the house.

Earlier in the week, I caught a cold. It didn't slow me down writing and I'm hoping to finish the first draft of Outlaw by early next week. I'm hitting all the action scenes now with only a few doinking scenes left. This novel is much more action oriented than my other Damaged books.

My writing plans for the year keep shrinking. At this rate, I'll be lucky to get Blue Awakening and Scattered finished. Don't know if I'll have much time in December to goof around with Shadow World books. All that means is that 2014 will be even busier.

This week, I started the new book review blog. Only two reviews are up so far because I got sickie as did one of my reviewers. "Just That Good" is an in-joke from my Blood Tide book. Candy Girl gets it and that's all that matters. I figured I'll kick the blog into gear next year. So far, I have reviewers Sheena, Candy Girl, and Mustang Sally. I love working with such diverse badass babes and their varied tastes. The first reviews are for The Gate by KT Grant and Binds by Rebecca Espinoza.

On Where Zombies Come to Read, I posted an interview with GB Banks along with a review from Deadly Dee for The Most Uncommon Cold. I also added a little chewy brain treat for Halloween with Our Favorite Cinematic Zombies.

For the Whisperer blog, we profiled several whiny nobodies on our update. Plus, we asked F&G to retire or improve her game because she was boring us. The BBA have been quieter this week which is good news for readers. Maybe the whiners took the week off for Halloween.

While I didn't have a chance to add anything to Indie Angie, I did write an update for my Bijou blog.

Lastly, I want to send happy thoughts to Lauryl who bought a house in Oct. It's been a wild year for her, but her family will enjoy their first holidays in the new abode. With things settling down for her, I look forward to her next books. She's working on three! Way to multitask, badass babe!

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend and happy November!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment