Sunday, September 29, 2013

So long, September

As Philip J. Fry would sing, "I'm walking on sunshine!"

Man, I was super stressing that I wouldn't have Damaged and the Cobra done in time. I also worried about what my beta readers would think at the lighter, sweeter tone of the novella. Fortunately, they all enjoyed the story and found only minor issues to fix. The book will be definitely ready for its Oct. 1st publishing date. Hot damn!!!

I've already started Damaged and the Outlaw. Sweet and light, it ain't. Vaughn and Raven are wild, rough, rude, funny, and damaged characters. I hope to have the book ready by Halloween. My third book in the Angelic Redemption series is also due next month. I should be able to meet both deadlines, yet...

Talking with Mustang Sally the other night, I realized I just can't finish all the books I had planned for 2013. Candy Girl is likely rolling her eyes and thinking, "Duh!" I know I aimed too high and I didn't get enough done early in the year. Even knowing all that, I hoped anyway. Now, my only other must finish book for 2013 will be Blue Awakening. It'll be the ninth book for the year. Not as many as I hoped for, but better than 2012.

Even unable to write projected books for series like Gigi Monroe and the Shadow Sisters, I made the decision this week to finish writing a book called Shadow City. I originally started it in Spring 2012 until work distracted me. Twice in the last few months, I've pulled up the book file and read it. Each time, I laughed my ass off. Even if starting a new series makes no logical sense, I worked hard this year and my reward is to finish Shadow City this holiday season.

Another awesome part of my week was that I figured out how to personalize my page on Booklikes. My Monchichi and planets are on my blog plus I've figured out how to post. Candy Girl even dumbed down how to review. I want to use the site as a reader, instead of an author. The best part of BL is how every user gets their own blog. Plus, there are half stars and private shelves. The customer service is awesome apparently. Candy Girl has only positive things to say about it and she couldn't claim the same about GR. If any of you are on BL or heading that way, feel free to look me up here.

Earlier in the week, I mentioned upcoming interviews on my blogs. There was Jeffrey Littorno on Where Zombies Come to Read. I'm also planning to interview him about his paranormal novel on Indie Angie. I was super excited to interview Stephanie Nicole Garza who I met through my Bijou books. Love Came Back is her first novel and I'm thrilled to do anything to help the newbie author.

On BBA Whisperer, we wrote a farewell to Bad Santa. Rick's nicknames have been retired even if his delusions haven't.

By Monday, the first chapter of Cobra will be up on the Bijou blog. Sheesh, a blogging girl's work is never done.


It's been a good week, but the next one should be even better. Not only will I publish Cobra, but Roo will turn ten. In our family, we celebrate birthdays over the entire week. This year, Tigger and I have plenty of cool things planned for Roo's special week. Here's hoping everyone else has a great week too.

No comments:

Post a Comment