Saturday, August 10, 2013

Sad Week for La La

The first week of school is always stressful, but this one was tougher than usual. So much mayhem and I'm finally ready to air my woes. Get your hankies ready, ladies, gents, and circus freaks (I see you there).

First, Candy Girl (MM) and Lauryl were feeling crappy at the start of the week. The latter still managed stellar writing and blogging. The former managed to make BBA shit themselves. Can't keep those badass babes down.

On Tuesday, my great uncle passed away. He had suffered from health issues for several decades, but it was still a shock. He's high fiving Freckles in heaven now.

I just finished editing Vivi today. It still needs to be picked apart by Mustang Sally and Candy Girl. Haven't started on the blurb or cover either. Unsure if I'll make my deadline.

While the beta readers do their thing, I'll write up a few Cooper POV scenes for the Bijou blog. Blue and Cobra are waiting too. My goal is to write Cobra as a novel rather than a novella. Let's see if the material warrants a full-length book.

Another tough part of my week is holding back a lot of the info I've gotten from moles inside the F&G camp. I'd love to dish all of the juicy details in one info dump after another, but it'll be more fun to spread out the love over a few weeks. Yet, it's difficult because new info is provided almost daily. Gotta stick to my slow-sell strategy, though.

A particular asshat who has dubbed herself Road Kill was on my nerves this week. The emotionally stunted pet is in a rage because I plan to write mermaid books. She acts like she totally invented the concept of mermaids with a shitty book no one's read. What a wanker.

FYI, Bad Santa is freaking out because the Whisperers plan to air his dirty laundry on the blog. Here's a tip, old timer. Don't piss off your allies and they won't come running to us to sell you out. Just saying. Oh, and word has it that Signore Puke was really upset to learn he's not sexy. Shit, someone buy this fucker a mirror already.

As some of you know, I was dealt a huge blow this week when I learned I might be allergic to tomatoes. Anyone who has read my "All about La La" page knows how I love me some tomatoes. I eat them every fucking day. It could be worse, though. I could be allergic to onions. NOOOOOO!!!

Next, I'll answer the question many of you have been asking me since my last post.

Unfortunately, Tinker is still crazy obsessed with canned food. All attempts to wean her from the addiction have failed. Mostly because I can't tolerate all of her whiny meowing. Hell, don't I hear enough whining from BBA? At least, my precious angel (in the body of an evil cat) is fucking adorable. Even those crazy eyes watching me whenever I near the kitchen warm the heart. She's a precious nutter, for sure.

This week wasn't all tomato allergies, addicted cats, sad losses, and giggles at the expense of duh. On Friday, my pals Dick and Maryann showed up at Denny's and asked me to sign Damaged and the Beast. It turned into a signing party where the servers I dedicated the book to also left their autographs. We had a great time and I think it really made their day.

On that upbeat note, let's end with a happy Boo...

No comments:

Post a Comment