Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Oh! Crap!

Marvelous Miranda just reminded me how NEXT WEEK is the 16th of Aug, so I need to light a fire under my ass to finish Vivi. My final edit should be tomorrow then I’ll send it to beta readers for proofing. As long as they don’t find any major issues, Ain’t No Queen will be ready by my self-imposed deadline.


My buddy Bill came into Denny’s today and we shot the shit. Chatting with the regulars always puts me behind. Worth it though. The guy has the best f’ed up stories EVER.


He told me a freaky one about a mama duck with her ducklings swimming across a pond. Suddenly, a bass came up and ate one of the damn babies! I had no idea that shit was even possible. Poor ducky.


Some of you may have noticed I added two new series to my “Next” page. I know, I know. There are too many projects already. Yet, when I mentioned how I might do a mermaid book, I received a lot of positive feedback. So I worked up a PNR idea about mermaids finding love (aww), plus a badass UF idea. Now, if I can just finish my five open fantasy series, I’ll add these new paranormal ideas to my "most definitely" lineup. Easy peasy, right?



Brainstorming-wise, I'm having issues with a future romance series. Dmitri’s character is OTT and a jerk (sexy), but his natural character progression leads to cheating. I HATE CHEATERS! Fortunately, I won’t start this book until early 2014, so I’ll have time to work out his character quirks.


If I’m worried Dmitri might be too big of an asshole, I’m also worried Aaron will be too nice. Damaged and the Cobra isn’t six months off though. I need to start the book in a week or so because I plan to buddy write Blue and Cobra.

This is why I need to plan things ahead. With Aaron, I didn’t imagine him as the hero of a romance. He was Cooper’s nice friend. Now, he’s the hot guy hero who carries a book. The sooner I start writing him, the sooner I’ll know what he's like. My characters rarely stay on their leashes.

A problem that comes from the blessing of success is a reader has asked me if I provide signed copies? She lives in Australia. Not even sure how to do that, but I hate saying no to readers. Another thing on my to-do list is writing a few Cooper POV scenes. A reader asked for a scene for her birthday. I’m sure she was teasing, but I’d like to get a few written for her and the other readers who've been so loyal to my Damaged series.

In my last post, I wrote about an author named Margo who's given up writing to be an asshat. She likely noticed because she’s suddenly working on the next book in her series. Yes, I keep an eye on her blog because she likes to attack people on it. Anyway, I noticed she claims to be working on book five. Maybe she’s full of absolute shit (it really fits her).

Or maybe she really will write more and attack readers less. I’ve never read her books, so I don’t know if the world is better off with another offering. If she stops harassing readers as she writes a book, it’s a win for us all.

Tomorrow is our new Whisperer post about Thunderpussy and her ability to cause BBA to piss their pants. Not just Bankie Boy with his bladder issues either. Hell, just Princess PP’s freak out will amaze and delight! This weekend, we’ll post more exclusive info from the F&G moles.


The next time I post on La La, let’s hope I’m sighing with relief at finishing the Vivi edit. I’m really looking forward to writing again. I’m sure you’re all looking forward to me whining less about how boring editing can be.



Let’s end with a little Wicked Walken.

No comments:

Post a Comment