Saturday, August 31, 2013

Romance and Zombies in the Air

Ooh-la-la! Writing three romance novels would put anyone in a loving mood. This week has been fun and busy. Where to begin?

Got my writing groove going. Wrote a Cooper POV scene for the Bijou blog. Also this week, Three Chicks and Their Books gave Damaged and the Beast a lovely shout out. Plus, a cool chickadee told me about her review for Beast on a saucy blog called Wicked Little Pixie.

Goals-wise, I plan to have Cobra completed by mid to late September. I adore writing Aaron's POV and the novel feels so much bigger because we can see Ellsberg from different perspectives.

I'm so glad readers suggested I write dual POVs. I know F&G mocks me for listening to readers (better for authors to crap on their customers obviously...that's just good business), but I've gained so much from thinking of every reader as a nugget of wisdom.

I'm still buddy writing Dmitri, even though Cobra is receiving the most love right now. Catalina is a riot and Dmitri is a sexy beast. Can't wait to give them my full attention.

Goofing around with scenes from The Rebound Biker. Nothing overly focused though since I need to check Cobra and Dmitri off my to-write list soon. Blue Awakening and Outlaw are must finish projects by end of November too. Oh, and Scattered for Dakota. Sigh. Write faster, La La!

An author who knows how to churn out a great book fast is M. Lauryl Lewis. She's published three books in her Grace zombie series in less than a year. Normally, she writes a book at a time, but I must have been a bad influence because she started working on Schiessl House while writing Fallen from Grace. It's been a long time since I read a great ghost story, so I'm psyched about spooky Schiessl House.

Unsatisfied to simply instill my bad buddy writing habits on Lauryl, I also got it into my head that she should try writing a New Adult romance. Lauryl has a talent for romance after all. She even made a zombie series sexy! Well, I suggested this idea a week ago and Lauryl already has a title, cover, pen name, and the first few chapters completed for her first contemporary novel. Go, Lauryl, go!

Another great author is Chantal Fernando who is preparing to publish another sexy novel. I met Chantal through my Bijou books and interviewed her on Indie Angie. Now, I have the honor of showing off the cover for Maybe This Time. Sizzle. I'll let everyone know when the book is out.

Speaking of new releases, Vincenzo Bilof just published the second book in his Zombie Ascension series titled Queen of the Dead. I interviewed him on Where Zombies Come to Read back in April. The guy's a real talent in the horror field and I'm excited that his books will be the first my zombie blog reviews. With Lauryl's help, I found a reader dubbed "Deadly Dee" to review books. I'm thrilled to add this feature to the zombie blog.

Super busy on the Whisperer blog this week. F&G has been in a meltdown state and our moles have made it easy to find the hate site's weak spots. Athelissa even responded to one of our posts by attacking an author she claimed to support. It was a fine moment in the struggle to show indie authors the path to professionalism. The more F&G falls apart and displays their nasty reader-hating colors, the sooner the rest of us indies can create a better image in the industry.

Great week around the Horn homestead. Summer is giving its last hot hurrah as autumn teases us from around the corner. La La does love her some fall leaves, jack-o-lanterns, and cooler weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment