Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Publishing Assembly Line

A busy week as usual. I really slacked off too much at the beginning of the year and now I'm paying for my laziness. Eek! Still not finished with the Vivi edit. Hope to have it finished by this weekend for Mustang Sally then Marvelous Miranda. Said that last week though. Crap! Will this be another Micah situation?


Dealt with another bummer where someone I interviewed for my blogs turned out to be an asshat. Two in two weeks. I really liked this chick too. It was shocking to realize she attacked reviewers. Just proves how even otherwise nice people can allow their egos to turn them into assholes. Oh, well. There are so many new authors out there to showcase. Most of them are super cool and stay that way.



During a recent freak out by a spamming psycho, I learned readers wish there were more mermaid books. Huh, I should write one next year after I finish with my other fantasy series. I have a cool idea to work with, but only a dozen books to finish first.



I'm playing with the idea of writing dual POVs for my future Damaged books. I did write the Vivi series from two POV, but it wasn't as heavily romantic (Miranda might disagree). Anyway, I'm a little nervous. Planning to start Damaged and the Cobra later in the month. It looks to be my least angsty romance to date. Of course, I thought that about Knight. We'll have to see what happens when I start writing.


This week, Roo started school and was friggin adorable about it. Tigger got a reward for being awesome lately. Pooh was just his usual quiet self.


On the downside, my cats have lost their fucking minds! Bow recently killed a bunny right in front of Tigger who is a tenderhearted animal loving guy. He was super freaked. Bow doesn't usually leave the leftovers from his kills near the house. Not since I took away a giant rabbit whose face he tore off. I guess he's getting lazy or showing off.

Tinker, on the other hand, need an intervention. She's hardcore addicted to can food. Every morning, she freaks out as I come downstairs. The minute I get home, she starts in with the crazed eyes and meowing. Tink is a very animated cat. If she wants something, she lets you know. I adore the little bitch, even if she's always tripping me and jumping on me while I'm working. Her heart belongs to Roo though. Bow is Tigger's baby. Pooh can live without their drama.


Looks like our willow tree is a goner. We lost a few bushes last year because of the drought. This year, we received lots of rain, but another big bush went from bright green to ugly brown. Now, the willow is dying. Hank and his buddies, George and Stan, are doing great and really shade the backyard.


My plan for the week is to finish up Vivi and start Blue. Ideally, Vivi will be published on the 16th for Freckles' birthday. Unsure if I'll get Blue done before I start Cobra, but I've got to keep the assembly line going if I want to get all of my planned projects released.


Finally, I published an interview for the zombie blog. K.T. Grant has a new release that I'll showcase on Indie Angie this week. I need to write a blog for Bijou. I also have a few planned posts for Whisperers. One is about Thunderpussy and the fear she strikes in BBA. The second shoots down the idea that spam by authors is harmless. Finally, we have more info from our moles in the F&G fiasco. Good stuff.

Well, I have a busy day, so I better get to editing. Hope everyone stays safe and sane in the heat of August. Let me end with one of my fave moments from Arrested Development.

1 comment: