Monday, July 8, 2013

La La Goes Coo Coo

Damaged and the Knight is finally published. Like always when I release a new book, I’m feeling a little nutter butter. I worry over formatting issues and typos. I worry people will hate it. I worry everyone will love it then I'll never be able to write anything as good. I just worry about a lot of random shit. Nutter butter becomes my middle name.



A day or two later, my brain latches onto new projects. I’ve already started working on Micah’s cover. The blurb is completely up in the air. I’m in the process of a final edit before sending it to beta readers.

Ideally, I’ll finish the edit this week and release the book by the one year anniversary of the release of The Rogue Hunter (now The Fallen). Double ideally, it wouldn’t take a year to publish the second book in a series.


The poor Shadow Sisters won’t have their sequel done until late autumn or early winter. The Sires will be my end of the year fun write.




Blue Awakening is my main writing project right now because I need to publish the book by August. Unlike the sequels for Gigi and Vivi, I've barely begun Blue#2. I wrote the first book in three weeks. Of course, the first book asked many questions. The second book must answer them. A tad harder obviously.


Where I live, school begins on the first of August. Poor Roo and Pooh will head back to school soon. Pooh might be ready to go back, but I sense drama is on the way for Roo. I don’t blame him. Fourth grade is tough. At the very least, the smell level is worse.

Today was just nuts. I woke up with a single purpose – finish and publish Knight. I felt relaxed enough then my Denny’s buddy Bill showed up and we talked for a while. Normally, this would be a happy thing except suddenly it was nearly eleven and I hadn’t gotten as much done as I planned.

Stress!!! So much stress that lunch tasted weird and I blamed the food. Arnie tasted the chicken/ potato/ broccoli skillet and figured it was just me. The Build Your Own Burger tasted better, but I still didn’t enjoy it. I know! How is that even possible?

Miranda pep talked me until I settled down. Once I was home, I craved physical activity (get your minds out of the gutter), so I mowed the front yard.
When Tigger came out to take over, I took a shower. Oh, and I locked the screen door. Twenty minutes later, I realized the annoying noise was him knocking. Poor Tigger.

So today La La was at her nuttiest. Yes, I’m talking about myself in the third person. I’m that fucking nutty. How nutty? Mel Gibson Sugar Tits level of crazy!


Tomorrow, La La will work harder and be less wacky chick, more professional author. Yeah, we’ll see how that works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment