Sunday, July 28, 2013

High Five for Book Four

Micah is finally done and on sale. Book number four for the year! Only...nine more to go. Why did I have to go and poop on my celebration?

Now, I'm all about finishing Vivi#2. She's a scrappy character who started as a sidekick. Originally, I was writing an urban fantasy about her sister Nola arriving in a city full of hostile males of their species. Vivi was supposed to join her after traveling around the country. When I started Vivi, I had no idea she would be as funny as she turned out.

Soon, her plot-line and romance with Hoyt were the length of a book. That's how Vivi became the star and poor Nola fell by the wayside.

Nola might one day get her series back after I've finished the three urban fantasy series I have now. Yet, I hoped to start several new series next year and none of them are Nola's. It's sad to leave a character behind, but I only have so much time to write.

I am excited to give my Hell Girl series a try. The idea of a woman who "falls" into hell came to me in a dream. I tried starting the book a few times, but it never felt right. Good thing too because I really didn't need more open series this year.

Blue's series will be the first one I finish. The idea of Blue was something I played with years ago in a non-paranormal book. Last fall, I suddenly had this image of her on a bridge ready to jump. Just like the old Blue except this time paranormal forces were at work. With nothing else plot-wise, I started writing and published it in November.

Sometimes, books come to me quickly and they write themselves like with Blue. Other times, like with Nola and Hell Girl, years might pass without any progress. All writers work differently and I often work differently from myself on any given day.

On Indie Angie, I'm changing my M.O. a little. Instead of interviewing an author with a new book out, I'm talking with a funny charming author I met on Goodreads. Julio is frigging hilarious and his answers are wild. Just formatting the interview has sent me into hysterics.

Another busy week ahead of me. No idea on Vivi#2 cover or blurb. Need to pick a zombie interview to post. I have a half dozen to choose from because of a recent surge in interest. Besides posting Julio's interview on Indie Angie, I need to do a few shout outs for Kristen Middleton (zombie and paranormal author). Even swamped, I find writing and blogging hella fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment