Thursday, October 16, 2014

Knock 'Em Out


Oh, how I love October! Sure, the weather can be a pain and I remain defiant towards wearing a jacket even when it's raining. Yet, it's still a lovely time of year.

Two birthdays in my family land this month. My youngest boy Roo turned eleven. Today is Sally's birthday. She likes the simple things ~ the first draft of what I've completed with Damaged and the Saint, books from the library, and takeout from the Chinese buffet.

Saint was slow going, but I finally have a groove going. I figure I can finish the main draft by Halloween. Then it's editing before the book is handed off to my beta readers. While they're fixing my goofs with Saint, I'll work on Broken Memphis.

After the success of Little Memphis, I thought about turning the series into a trilogy, but the tone of the third book wouldn't fit. I've decided to use the third book idea for a spin-off trilogy with a darker tone. Of course, this throws off my plans for 2015.

My main series ideas were the Bad Men Rising trilogy and a trilogy following Saint and Harlow in their new life (the books will focus on their colleagues finding love). Now I'm uncertain what second series I'll write next year. Rising is definitely on my schedule. Miranda even has the covers sketched up. The three Rising men are introduced in Damaged and the Saint. They don't play big roles, but I'm ready to write their books.

Besides writing and enjoying birthdays, I've been gorging myself on horror movies. Most suck balls, but a girl can dream of finding a solid mix of intelligent heroes and menacing monsters. Here Comes the Devil was creepy, though Tigger wasn't a fan. He prefers the found footage sub-genre. Most of those movies are crap, but he loves them anyway.


This month has been really cool with new readers friending me on FB and I even got a shout-out in an article about romances based in Kentucky. I've also signed up for a second signing for 2015. This one is in Alabama with another great lineup of authors. 2015 will be busy, but I'm excited about more new adventures.

Until next time, be sure to smile...

No comments:

Post a Comment