Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A Winter of Chills and Deadlines


No doubt about it...winter is here and I want to move to a warmer climate. Maybe next year. Until then, I'll hide inside working on several books. Sounds all multitasking impressive, but I'm actually horribly behind.

Let's see Scattered is still in the editing phase. I have eighty pages to go before I can FINALLY give it to Sally then Candy Girl. I was hoping to have Blue Awakening completed last year. Yeah, that happened.

So what am I doing then? My goal right now is to finish Gator's rough draft by next weekend then I'll finish editing Scattered. Next, it's Ellsberg for the long haul.

I decided I would write a book about Dylan and Winona. After some back and forth with Candy Girl, we decided on Damaged and the Bulldog. Freckles used to wear tees with bulldogs on them. Now, Dylan will.

I plan to go straight from working on Dragon to Bulldog. I also have plans for a special treat for fans.

Why Gator now? Sometimes, an idea demands to be written. I just needed to get this book out before my brain would focus on Ellsberg. It's very different from my other books. Written in present tense and mainly from the male POV, I decided to use a different pen name for the book. Ilaria Regan already has a blog and her first post. Aww, welcome to the pen drawer.

One thing slowing me down is the cold/flu I picked up. Initially, I assumed it was merely sinuses because of the crazy weather. Soon, the chills, aches and pains, and fever kicked in. I've been pretty useless the last few days. While I've slowed down, I still have plans for the rest of the week.

For Indie Angie, I'm preparing an interview with romance author Laramie Briscoe. As you remember, she was my table buddy at the Houston signing. Sweet, funny, and talented, Laramie has TWO new books coming out in the next few months.

Before I got sick, I posted Deadly Dee's raving review for Robert Kent's novel All Together Now: A Zombie Story on Where Zombies Come to Read. Finally, we responded to the butthurt battles on BBA Whisperer.


January has been a busy month and thrown me off my groove. The next few months will allow me to get a few books published. Plus, I'm going to try that marketing thing Candy Girl and Lil Sis are always talking about. I have big goals for the next six months and plans to travel to Houston again this summer. You know, to see if I burst into flames from the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment