Sunday, November 23, 2014

Black + Blue


God never gives us more than we can bear. I believe this with all my heart, but there are moments when I doubt I'm as strong as God thinks. This year has brought many of those moments as Pooh's health deteriorated. In the last few weeks, his troubles hit a peak and only prayers kept us afloat.

Again a glimmer of hope revealed itself. Now the pressure slowly begins to lift away. God really does know how much we can bear.

As Pooh finally gets the help he needs, the rest of my family adjusts to our new reality. Things haven't settled down quite yet. However, we're making strides to get into a more relaxed groove. Roo and I are even planning to have our first visit to Denny's in over a month. He'll do schoolwork while I write Saint.

Even as far behind as I am on my books, I feel like a few solid weeks of writing is all I need to finish Saint and complete the main edit. Once I get the book into the hands of Miranda and Sally (with Sarah, Patty, and Stacie after them), I'll be able to focus on Broken Memphis.

Next year is pretty booked. I'll attend two signings (which is nothing compared to the schedule of most midlist authors). I'm working on my first contribution to a box set. I also plan to look into audio books. My main goal for next year though is to publish a lot.

Since Broken Memphis won't be out in 2014, it'll be added to the list of books for next year. I have a ton of them. Yet even with planned series and standalone books, I plain to try my hand at erotica shorts. Why? Think of it as doinking for dummies.

I started my writing career with Christian fiction. The love scenes were all fade-to-black. In one case, Sally wasn't certain a newly married couple even had sex because of how vague the scene was written. So when I began writing urban fantasy, I needed to be more specific. With romance, the scenes became even more graphic. While I worked to be more creative, Miranda still teases me about my wording for each doinking scene.

So I've been doing research and now want to have a little fun. I've come up with a few contemporary erotica ideas along with a few paranormal ones. Clearly, I can't focus on them currently since I'm behind with my must write projects. Next year, I'll give it a try. I'm even thinking up pen names.

Next year will bring new opportunities, yet 2014 isn't quite over. In fact, Thanksgiving is only days away then Tigger's birthday and Christmas. To prepare for the holidays, I'll finish my post with a list of what I'm most thankful for:
  1. The Lord
  2. Sally, Tigger, Pooh, and Roo
  3. Miranda and my warmhearted friends
  4. My patient and loyal readers
  5. My two kitties and Sally's stinky dog
  6. The roof over my head, food in the fridge, money in the bank, and stories in my head.
Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy a lovely song from the lovely Christina Perri.

No comments:

Post a Comment