Friday, September 19, 2014

Yes, I Am


High five for book six in 2014! Little Memphis went live yesterday as scheduled. So far, feedback is positive, sales are solid, and I'm already focused on my next project ~ Damaged and the Saint. As a midlist author, I can never slows down. Certainly not in the competitive indie market.

Once again, Candy Girl helped me put together the book. She designed the cover and teasers too. For the first time, she read the book in parts while I wrote it. Her feedback was helpful especially for the character of Bebe.

I'm excited to have a signing on the schedule for 2015. There's an incredible amount of competition in the romance world, so grabbing a spot at a cool signing is always a boon. I've never been to Savannah, Georgia. Neither have my boys and the signing will be on Roo's 12th birthday. Talk about a fun trip.

I'd love to travel more and my family's rather bohemian lifestyle allows for trips. Unfortunately, Pooh's chronic health issues make leaving often difficult. We're currently looking for additional help, so Sally won't be on her own when I'm out of town.

October is one of my favorite months. Both Roo and Sally have birthdays. It's Fall Break, so we have two weeks off from school. Plus Halloween is fun. My boys are no longer interested in trick or treating, so we watch horror comedies (Scary Movie or This Is the End) and order pizza.

Well it's been a weird month. Better than August, but still a lot of ups and downs. Things are beginning to settle and I'm looking forward to writing Saint. I'm adding a little color to the lily-white town of Ellsberg. I'll also introduce characters from future series. 

Well I should probably get back to writing since my next deadline is right around the corner. I'll end with a little more Melissa Etheridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment