Wednesday, September 10, 2014

All About That Bass

It's been awhile since I blogged. August is always a funky month for me. Roo starts school, meaning I need to create his coursework. Tigger and I had dental issues last month. He bounced back faster than I did. Ah, to be young.

This month is already proving to be better. I finished writing Little Memphis. The first book in my new romance series is now in the hands of my beta readers. No doubt it'll need tweaking and proofing, but the toughest part is over. Best of all, I'm not scrambling at the very last minute as usual.

In September 2013, I gave up my teaching work to write full-time. I can't believe I'm able to pay my bills doing what I love. Professionally writing is a dream I've had since I was a kid, but I'd nearly given up on it until the indie publishing revolution.

There's no rest for the wickedly happy. As soon as Little Memphis is published, I'll start on the final Damaged book. Saint might prove to be a starting point for a spin-off series. As Candy Girl pointed out though, I have so many projects lined up that I'll probably publish the books in 2020.

For this year, the plan is to publish the two Little Memphis books and Saint. I've also been invited to contribute to a box set coming out next year. I can't get into the details, but I'm psyched for my novella to be sold alongside those by such cool authors.

I hoped to attend a few signings in Houston in November. Unfortunately, those opportunities fell through. While I love traveling and meeting readers, focusing on writing and family in November makes sense. I also want a little time to edit the next Dakota book.

Before I sign off, I'm sending praying to all those lost in the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.


No comments:

Post a Comment