Monday, July 14, 2014

Gimme Gimme


Delays and dynamite news!

Let's start with the good stuff. As I've written in the past, Pooh is showing improvement on his new meds. I am thrilled to share  he's back to the sweetheart we all know and love. It's like a switch was flipped back on and our Pooh returned. He's even eating solids again. We'll never likely know why he stopped, but it's great to see him trying his old favorite foods. Plus, eating solids means we'll worry less about counting calories to ensure he's getting enough from liquids alone.


Though Pooh is doing great, I won't be attending the book signing in Houston next month. We really wanted to visit Texas during the summer and face the heat everyone warns us about, but things are only now settling down at home. Leaving Sally and Pooh to drive to Houston for a week doesn't make sense.

I'm hoping to attend a signing in November if spots remain open. It'll be nice to see my cousin and her family again. Also Stephanie who is preparing to publish her next book.

Speaking of publishing, I had to push back Bulldog's release date by a week. The book wasn't strong enough especially the first part. I'm working with Candy Girl and Sally to improve the book. As much as I hate missing deadlines, I couldn't shortchange readers simply to make an arbitrary date.


The last book in the series will be tricky. While the heroine was introduced in book four, the hero is an enigma. A badass assassin known only as Saint, he took out most of the Devils MC in Damaged and the Outlaw. Otherwise, he's an unknown. This could be a great thing or a disappointment if readers don't warm up to him. Only time will tell.

I'm currently sketching out the final plot for Blue Awakening. After Bulldog is out, I'll spend the rest of July finishing the YA paranormal book for my Angela series. I also have Cooper's POV on the agenda.

August will bring Little Memphis to the forefront while I also work on Saint. Likely Memphis#1 will be released first with Broken Memphis after Saint. I don't know how long the three books will take to complete. It's my hope to work on the final Gigi Monroe book after Memphis#2. If so, I'll finish two Angela and two Bijou series in 2014.


So that's  my work schedule for the rest of the year. Besides writing, I'm enjoying the summer with my boys. Tigger is obsessed with a Chinese buffet close to our house, so we're there a couple times a week. Roo spends most of his time on the computer (like his mom) and is not looking forward to starting school in a few weeks.

This week should be busy with Bulldog and family errands, but the weather is expected to be lovely. I look forward to both productivity and playing. I hope everyone else enjoys a pretty July.

This week's great songs are made better by Me First and the Gimme Gimmes.



No comments:

Post a Comment