Monday, July 21, 2014

Only Human



Ahhh...feels good to publish another book. Three Bijou books in three months. I never could have done it without the help of Sally, Candy Girl, and Sarah. I can't seem to get organized this year, so every book is a last minute scramble to make my publishing deadline. Despite a lazy July, I am thrilled Damaged and the Bulldog is completed. High five for book five in 2014.


While I won't hit my "publish 20 books in 2 years" goal like I hoped, nineteen books ain't so shabby. Indie publishing isn't like the traditional big guys. Someone like Karen Marie Moning took two years between Iced and Burned in her super popular Fever series. TWO YEARS!!! That's an eternity in indie publishing. Even a book a year won't cut it. Successful indies churn out several books a year. Some manage a book or two a month! No way am I organized enough for that level, but I'm working on it.

I'm already focusing on Blue Awakening. I need to finish it quickly, so I can get back to my Bijou books. You know, the novels that feed my family. However I'm itching to start the Memphis series. The idea came to me during my drive to Texas in January. Now I need to bring the idea alive.

Finally, I sometimes feel like I've betrayed my Angela books. A few of the potential series have been dropped. Shadow Sisters, McCormick Sisters, and Sub Sami will never enjoy their followups. Or at least not anytime soon. Even though I've abandoned them in many ways, I dedicate this song to them...

No comments:

Post a Comment