Friday, August 16, 2013

Happy Birthday, Freckles!

Freckles is celebrating his birthday in Heaven today. Hey, bro. Had planned to publish Vivi on this special day, but decided it would just make everything stressful. Instead, I’ll bake a cake and order his favorite food for dinner.

It's been an amazing week. On Wednesday, I worked at a great school here in Yama. Cool Beans Elementary has an awesome vibe to it. I especially enjoy the ethnic makeup of the elementary students. It reminds me of when I was growing up in a suburb of Los Angeles. Instead of Koreans, the Asian students at Cool Beans Elementary are mainly immigrants from Myanmar.

Most of the children are first generation English speakers, but they embrace education and are some of most charming kids you’ll meet. It’s why I choose to work at Cool Beans out of the dozens of schools available.

Writing is paying the bills, so I don’t plan to teach much this year. For Cool Beans, I’ll make an exception because I have the best time there.

The sweetest part of Wednesday was seeing a boy I’d met when he was in kindergarten. From a quiet kindergartner to a five feet tall fourth grader, he remains as focused, intelligent, and personable as I remember. Even now, I’m grinning thinking about him.

Started my buddy write yesterday. A few sexy scenes between Dmitri and Catalina. Yep, that’s how I write my romances. Jump right into the naughty parts and then build around them. Sizzle.

As for Cobra, I put together a fun scene between Cooper and Aaron. While I worried about getting into Aaron’s head, I've found it a comforting place. He makes more sense to me as I create his back story. Aaron’s not a haunted guy like Judd or an OTT guy like Cooper. He’s a guy suited for love, but he’s missing his girl. This longing is fun to play around with and I had a good time writing him.

Found a sexy pic of a guy I’m using as “inspiration” for Aaron. No tats, but the bod and face are just right. I’ll post it on the Bijou blog in a few days. Also, plan to write up a scene with Coop, Judd, and Vaughn this week.

Remember the reader who wanted signed copies of the Damaged books? Well, she’s a NA romance author too! Her series looks really hot and I’m interviewing her for the Indie Angie blog. I love how connected the world has become because of technology.

Lauryl has given me the go-ahead to publish an excerpt for her fourth book. Fallen From Grace isn't due until winter, but you can get a glimpse on Indie Angie. I’ll have it posted on Where Zombies Come to Read in a few days.

With August halfway over, I hope everyone is staying cool and badass.

No comments:

Post a Comment