Friday, December 6, 2013

Happy Birthday, Tigger!

This week, my oldest darling stink machine turned nineteen. To celebrate, he chose The Cheesecake Factory for dinner. We were fortunate enough to be seated in the cove section and had a wonderful waitress. I learned I hate arugula and there is something even Tigger won't eat. Here's a hint: arugula.

It was just last month I learned I actually love Brussels spouts. At least, I love them in Longhorn's au gratin. Little cabbages, so different from the horror show my grandmother created when I was a kid. Just yummy. I'm hoping Longhorn still has them for my birthday even though the Brussels sprouts au gratin is a fall special.

It's still Tigger's birthday week. He's excited to get our tree and about the now falling snow. While Tigger is the same age as most of the characters I write about (including Nick for the next Damaged book), he is so much sweeter than an average nineteen-year-old dude. He's a gentle kid who loves music, animals, and caring for others.

Even though this week has been great in many ways, I finally visited the doctor about my nearly constant headaches. I hadn't gotten much editing done all week, but hopefully the antibiotics for the sinus infection will get my ass back into gear.

I'm still chugging along (oh so slowly) on editing Scattered. I'm also writing up a new romance idea (another one) and trying to get into Blue Awakening. As a result of my sickie, post-publication funk, and a good dose of laziness, I won't be able to publish Blue by the end of December. Just another book on my overbooked schedule for 2014. I'll have to be satisfied with publishing only eight this year.

In blog news, most remained on vacation mode through the holidays. However, on Just That Good, Sheena wrote a glowing review for Bad Games by Jeff Menapace. 

It's been a wild week with lots of fun because of Tigger. Next week will be another busy one, but that's how it is for everyone around the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment